CHESAPEAKE DENTAL ARTS
Oct 28, 2016 02:11PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
*Special Advertising Section*
DR. MEREDITH ESPOSITO
As a mother of a 7- and 10-year-old, a busy professional, and a patient herself, Dr. Esposito had the vision of what the ideal dental office should be. At her Arnold office, she blends her past experiences to deliver her own brand of family dentistry, with a personal touch. “The best part of being a dentist is the relationships you build with your patients over the years.”
Patients can be intimidated by the term cosmetic dentistry. What some people may not realize is that all good dental work should be cosmetically appealing. In some cases, that is as simple as making crowns and fillings look just like your natural teeth. Other times, people have broken or discolored teeth from an accident, and it’s possible to make an implant or a veneer that is indistinguishable from the teeth around it.
Dr. Esposito has completed several hundred hours of advanced education on cosmetic dentistry, implants, and TMJ at such places as the Dawson Institute for Advanced Dentistry and the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. She is a member of the Advanced Implant Study club – a group of 25 dentists and lab technicians that are committed to excellence in implant dentistry. They meet twice yearly to confer on complex cases and are mentored by a world-renowned prosthodontist. “As a solo practitioner it’s important to get out of the office and discuss difficult cases with knowledgeable colleagues.”
Whether you and your family (ages 3 and over) have complex dental needs or simply require preventative care, you can find a home at Chesapeake Dental Arts. Please visit our website and read our glowing reviews.
WHO I AM
1. My memorable patient experience:I had a very sweet patient that went through extensive treatment that included braces, orgthnathic surgery, and many crowns. It was a long journey for both of us but came out great. On her last visit, even though she was a grown adult, she brought her parents in to meet me because I had become such a big part of her life.
2. Best advice I have received:A professor in dental school one told me if you treat all your patients like a family member you love, you’ll be successful.
3. Favorite band/music:Anyone who really knows me could easily answer this! I’m a Jersey girl at heart and love Bon Jovi.
Cook at home or dine outMy husband and I love to cook big holiday dinners. We love passing those types of traditions on to our children.
4. My chairside manner:I can get some of the most apprehensive patients to relax. Sometimes just chatting and letting patients know it’s normal to be a little apprehensive at the dentist goes a long way.
5. 3 things on my bucket list:To be conversational at Spanish.
To visit all 50 states.
To visit all of the national parks.
6. My advice to patients:It’s never too late to get started. Don’t be embarrassed if you haven’t been to the dentist in a while. We know life is crazy.
7. My happy place:In my backyard with my kids and husband on a sunny day.
ABOUT DR. ESPOSITODr. Esposito graduated from the College of NJ in 1997, where she received a Bachelor of Science in Biology and minors in chemistry and women studies. She graduated from Temple Dental School in 2002. She then completed a general practice residency at Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia, PA., with a focus on implants, surgery, and endodontics. She moved to Annapolis in 2002 when her husband joined the faculty at USNA. After working in a range of offices from cosmetics to pediatrics, she opened the doors to her own office in 2008. She treats children and adults. While it is a family practice, she has extensive training in implants and cosmetic dentistry.
DR. ESPOSITO’S CREDENTIALSGeneral Practice Residency
Albert Einstein Medical Center, 2002
Temple University Maurice Kornberg School of Dentistry, 2001
The College of NJ, 1997
CONNECTChesapeake Dental Arts
1509 Ritchie Highway, Arnold, MD 21012 • 410-757-6200 • Chesdentalarts.com