ANNAPOLIS HAND CENTER
Oct 31, 2016 03:54PM
● By Cate Reynolds
*Special Advertising Section*
DR. TOM DENNIS
Dr. Tom Dennis has been recognized by his peers as a “Top Doc” consecutively for the past decade. Dr. Dennis has been practicing orthopedics and hand surgery in the Annapolis area for over 25years. During that time, he has provided superior care for many patients with upper extremity problems. His practice, the Annapolis Hand Center, provides the highest quality treatment for injuries and diseases of the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand ranging from simple problems to the most complicated conditions. The professional staff at the Hand Center work together to ensure the patient’s maximum potential is reached. His team includes highly skilled hand therapists who are on site, allowing Dr. Dennis to closely monitor patients’ progress to ensure optimal results. Professional, patient centered, expert care in a state of the art environment is what Dr. Dennis and the Annapolis Hand Center provide to their patients.
WHO I AM
1. What are your most requested procedures?I see patients with a variety of upper extremity problems. The most common are Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, trigger fingers, Dupuytrens disease, fractures and arthritis of the upper extremity.
2. What do you love most about your practice?I love our staff and how dedicated they are in helping me provide a personalized environment for our patients.
3. What does family mean to you?Family means everything to me and spending time with them is a top priority in my life.
4. Biggest challenge you’ve overcome (personal or professional)Leaving a large established practice and setting up the Annapolis Hand Center as a solo practitioner was very challenging. It has been one of the best decisions I ever made.
5. Favorite sports teamGreenbay Packers. I’ve been a fan since Superbowl I.
6. Favorite sports/activities/hobbiesI enjoy boating and a variety of watersports, including barefoot waterskiing, slalom skiing and wakeboarding. In the winter I like to travel out west and go snowboarding.
ABOUT DR. DENNISDr. Dennis completed medical school and orthopedic residency at Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Jersey. He then completed specialized training in upper extremity and hand surgery at the USC/Boyes Fellowship in Los Angeles California before settling in Annapolis. He is board certified in both orthopedics and hand surgery. Dr. Dennis is an active member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, and has earned the added certificate of expertise in hand surgery by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons.