Holiday Ready: The Well-Stocked Bar Cart
Dec 01, 2017 10:20AM ● Published by Becca Newell
Forget about your dress or the décor—even the hors d’oeuvres! The bar cart is the essential party piece of holiday entertaining. And we’ve got some tips and tricks to help you produce the perfect cocktail companion, with minimal effort and maximum elegance. We styled this bar cart as a classic martini station, stocked with gin, vermouth, chic stemware, and the usual cocktail-making accessories. Cheers!
1. Shaken or stirred? Keep both hardware on hand so you can whip up either martini style and garnish with a lemon twist or green olive, depending on preference.
2. Hang a chic bar towel on the cart and use to discretely clean up any spills!
3. Keep a few bottles of soda and sparkling water at the ready for those who prefer non-alcoholic libations—and, similarly, add a bottle of wine for any oenophiles in attendance.
4. Pre-party prep is the key for keeping guests happy and hydrated, particularly upon arrival. We suggest making a batch of cocktails beforehand and placing them on a tray that can be removed from the cart for easy distribution among parched guests.
5. Finish styling your bar cart with a little festive decoration. We opted for a gold-toned framed print and oversized floral arrangement, courtesy of Homestead Gardens in Davidsonville.