Chef Henry Miller Recipes
Aug 07, 2018 01:51PM ● Published by Brian Saucedo
You will need 7 9 inch cake pans for this recipe.
Don’t forget… the more layers.. the more you love them!!
It has to be an odd number of layers
For the cake:
1 duncan hienz white cake mix
1/3 cup oil
1 1/3 cup water
Zest of 1 small orange
Rainbow food coloring, red, pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple 1.
Combine all ingredients except food colors.
2. Divide batter into 7 bowls. Add food coloring and mix till bright. Spray pans well with non stick spray. Pour batter into pans and spread evenly.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
4. Tap each pan and turn out onto parchment sheets. Let cool.
1 pound butter
5 cups confectionary sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or any flavor you like
1. Whip butter till soft 2. Add confectionary sugar and vanilla 3. Whip on low till sugar is combined. Then whip at medium speed till fluffy. Construction: Place purple cooled layer on large cake plate. Spread blue layer with icing and flip onto first. Lining them up evenly. Repeat process with green, yellow, orange, pink, and red. Generously frost top and sides of cake. Let chill and set for 1 hour Don’t tell anyone it’s a rainbow cake. Watch their reactions when you cut it. Enjoy!
2 slices ham
2 slices roast pork
1 slice swiss cheese
1 slice salami
2 diced dill pickles or 2 bread and butter pickles
2 slices Cuban bread or 2 slices French bread or 2 slices Italian bread o salt o mustard o butter or margarine
1. Spread mustard inside 1 slice of bread.
2. Layer with ham, pork, cheese and salami.
3. Sprinkle with diced pickle and seasonings. Butter inside remaining slice of bread if desired. Pannacotta with Raspberry Coulis Serves 8 Ingredients 16 ounces heavy cream 4 ounces milk 2 ounces sugar 2 tsp gelatin 1 tsp vanilla extract 10 ounces frozen raspberry ¼ cup of sugar 1 tsp of lime juice
1. Add the cream, milk, sugar and extract in a saucepan and stir on medium heat.
2. Bring the mixture to boil.
3. Remove from heat
4. Add gelatine and mix well
5. Place saucepan in an ice bath until the mixture is cooled down and slightly thickened
6. Pour into moulds
7. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours
1. Add raspberries, 100ml water, sugar and lime juice into saucepan
2. Simmer and stir on medium heat until the mixture thickened
3. Place in ice bath to cool 4. Put in blender and blend until smooth
5. strain the seeds through a strainer
6. Refrigerate until serving
7. Serve with almond cookies
2 ¼ cup almond flour
2/3 cup sugar
3 whipped egg whites
¼ tsp salt o ½ tsp almond extract
¼ tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup milk
1. Fold all ingredients into whipped egg whites
2. Scoop with medium scoop onto silicon mats
3. Top with sliced almonds
4. Bake 350 for 15 minutes
Crabbie Eggs Benedict
Tuscan Rib Eye with Marinated Cherry Tomatoes Serves 2 Ingredients
2 rib-eye steaks, about 1 1/4 inch thick
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
2 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
2 fried eggs
large handful fresh arugula
1 batch marinated cherry tomatoes, for serving Herb Oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
zest + juice of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper
1. Place the steaks in a reusable ziplock bag. Add the olive oil, thyme, rosemary, and garlic. Seal the bag and rub the marinade into the steaks. Refrigerate 1-2 hours, but preferably overnight.
2. Remove the steaks from the fridge 30 minutes prior to grilling. Preheat the grill or a grill pan to high heat.
3. Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper. Sear until your desired doneness is reached, about 5-8 minutes for medium-rare, per side.
4. Remove the steaks and allow to rest 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, make the herb oil. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice + zest, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper.
6. To serve, plate the steaks and top with a fried egg, fresh arugula and the marinated cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with the herb oil. Enjoy!