10 Family Activities Under $10
Aug 09, 2018 04:00PM
● By Brian Saucedo
Looking for a few fun weekend activities that won’t break the bank? Look no further! Here are 10 activities under $10 that the whole family can enjoy.
1. Enjoy a free outdoor movie at National Harbor every Sunday at 6 p.m. This weekend’s movie is The Little Mermaid. Click here for more information.
2. See the stars at the Maryland Science Center. The Observatory, located on the roof of the Maryland Science Center, is free and open to the public every Friday, 7–10 p.m. Click here for more information.
3. Spend a weekend with pirates at the Town of Rock Hall’s Pirates and Wenches Fantasy Weekend. The event is free to attend. For more information, and a full schedule of events, click here.
4. Head to Oriole Park at Camden Yards and watch the Baltimore Orioles take on the Boston Red Sox on Friday, August 10th, 7:05 p.m.; Saturday, August 11th, 7:05 p.m.; and Sunday, August 12th, 1:05 p.m. Kids nine and under are admitted for free. Click here for more information.
5. Spend a day at the Chesapeake Children’s Museum. Admission is $5 for ages one and up. Be sure to check out their schedule of workshops! For more information, click here.
6. Play a round or two of mini golf at Severna Park Golf Center’s “Putter Falls”. The 18-hole Putt Putt course is $8 for adults, $6 for children 12 and under, and free for ages three and under. For more information, click here.
7. Listen to live music at one of the many free summer concert series. Enjoy performances by Joe Hickey at Muskrat Park, Chestertown (6:30 p.m.) and Michael McHenry Tribe at Annapolis Maritime Museum (7 p.m.). on Thursday, August 9th; Second Hand News at Annapolis Towne Centre (7 p.m.) and Encore: Rocks at Maryland Hall (4 p.m.) on Friday, August 10th; and Zakke at Quiet Waters Park (6 p.m.) and Different Sisters at Waugh Chapel Towne Centre (7 p.m.) on Saturday, August 11th.
8. Help the Chesapeake Bayhawks get ready for the MLL Playoffs at their Friday night Pep Rally. The festivities kickoff at 7 p.m. in Downtown Annapolis. Tickets are $10, and free for children 10 and under. For more information, and to purchase tickets, click here.
9. Make a splash at North Arundel Aquatic Center. Kids can enjoy a 134-foot water slide, splash down area, and water buckets. Admission for Anne Arundel County residents is $6 for adults, and $4 for youth ages 3–17. Click here for more information.
10. Pack a picnic and spend the day at one of the area’s many great parks. Admission prices vary. For more information, click here.