BGV Baltimore - Spring Pitch Competition
The Black Girl Ventures Pitch Competition Crowdfunding meets Pitch Competition EVERYONE CAN ATTEND, BLACK WOMEN WILL WIN!
Boss Up! The Black Girl Ventures Pitch Competition Crowdfunding meets Pitch Competition EVERYONE CAN ATTEND, BLACK WOMEN WILL WIN!
THE COST OF YOUR TICKET WILL SUPPORT WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS!
Black Girl Ventures creates place-based initiatives to provide access to capital for Black women entrepreneurs. Our mission is to use entrepreneurship support and training as a vehicle for poverty alleviation and wealth building. Black women founders are underserved, unbanked and underfunded. It's time to change that!
Our signature event, the BOSS UP! Pitch Competition, flips the traditional pitch competition on its head: we charge at the door (creating our own fund), eliminate the panel of judges, and empower the community (audience) to ask questions and vote for the winner.
How does this work?
* Donate (Purchase a ticket)
* Attend the event. (Can’t attend? Donate anyway!)
* Listen to dynamic women pitch their businesses.
* Vote on the pitch you favor.
* Two women receive seed funding and/or resources for their business!
The first place winner will receive over $1000 in cash and prizes including the vision fund, 12 free t-shirts for her business, a meeting with an investor and more.
Want to pitch? Visit www.blackgirlventures.org click "APPLY TO PITCH." EVERYONE CAN ATTEND, BLACK WOMEN WILL WIN!
Not available to attend? YOU CAN STILL DONATE! The proceeds build the vision fund for participants to win. Even if you're unavailable to attend you can support women entrepreneurs by purchasing a ticket. This event is open to the public. Everyone is welcome to support Black women entrepreneurs.
Got questions? We have answers! Email us at email@example.com.
- May 17, 2018
- 6:00PM - 8:00PM
- Event Website
- Vision Supporter $20, Dream Pusher $75, EmpowerHer $200, Magic Funder $500
- Charities & Fundraisers Community & Neighborhood Other Fundraiser Networking Things To Do In Baltimore Business venture capital pitch competition crowdfunding Annapolis Baltimore Crofton Washington, D.C. Bethesda Glen Burnie Hanover Bowie Odenton Columbia