Featuring compositions by award-winning American composers Scott Pender and Annapolitan, John Leupold. Join ACP for this merging of styles and virtuosi.
Featuring compositions by award-winning American composers Scott Pender and Annapolitan, John Leupold. The Washington Post described Pender as having "...a keen sense for the dramatic" and Leupold's music as "an imaginative exploration of instrumental timbres and ranges." Join ACP for this merging of styles performed by virtuosi committed to bringing to life the music of today!Pender & Leupold will be on hand to introduce their works and enhance performances for listeners.
Scott Pender (www.scottpender.net):
- Lyric Set (2014) Phillips Kolker, Bassoon & Scott Pender, Piano http://peabody.jhu.edu/faculty/phillip-kolker/
- Two Raymond Carver Songs (2013) – Premiere Steven Rainbolt, Baritone & Robert Muckenfuss, Piano http://peabody.jhu.edu/faculty/steven-rainbolt/ http://peabody.jhu.edu/faculty/robert-muckenfuss/
- Requiem for My Father (2018) – Premiere Trio Simpatico Phyllis Crossen-Richardson, Clarinet; Heidi Brown, French horn & Matthew Bachman, Piano http://annapolischamberplayers.org/biographies/ http://steinwaysilohill.org/about/Bachman.html
- 2,3,7 (2017) Trio Simpatico
- Threes on the Line (2016) Cara Fleck Plewinski, Harp & Eric Plewinksi, Percussion http://www.carafleckmusic.com/about.html http://www.ericplewinski.com/
- Profligate Aberration (2017) – Premiere Lynda Dembowski, Clarinet & Phyllis Crossen-Richardson, Bass Clarinet https://www.usna.edu/USNABand/members/dembowski.php
Date & Time
September 30, 2018
Suggested Donation $20
Concerts & Live Music Annapolis Arnold Baltimore Severna Park Washington, D.C.